Saturday, January 14, 2017

isaac says.

isaac had me lay on the ground and take this picture of him because he wanted a picture that looked like he was holding the sun..



i'm trying to get him to pick up his room..
me: it's crazy in here. let's pick up!
ih: but i never wanna pick up in here. this is how i live my life.

singing a song to his brothers: i love you i love you, i don't want you to diiiiiiiiieeeeeeee, i love you!!!!

grant was explaining to me that he had hit mallory at the pool..
ih: grant! you should never make your girlfriends cry!!

a huge loud storm had rolled through one night and i was telling isaac about it the next morning.
me: it was so loud! i can't believe you slept through it!
ih: i'm just different than you. my ears were turned off.

talking about his plans for when he grows up: i'm going to be an astronaut. i'll be a moon walker and collect rocks on the moon. don't worry, mclaine will be with me. or she'll watch the kids while i go.

telling bryant about our trip to the zoo: daddy! we saw pokey pines! did you know they can kill lions??

we visited my friend rachel over the summer when she was visiting her parents. they have a semi-scary/creepy taxidermied owl in a spare bedroom that isaac used to change clothes. he could not get over it "looking at him" also, rachel's dad is a veterinarian. a few weeks after our visit..
ih: momma, aunt rachel's daddy is an animal doctor?
me: yeah.
ih: then why would he shoot that owl?!

we had already gotten onto isaac for kissing mclaine. and then one sunday his sunday school teacher told us that they had been kissing in sunday school. so we were getting onto him again about it and told him that he could not kiss her anymore..
isaac, weeping: BUT I LOVE HER WITH ALL MY HEART!!!!

anytime he's talking about the day after tomorrow he'll call it "to other morrow"

isaac came home from school and told me that his teachers had been spelling his name wrong. they were writing ISSAC instead of ISAAC. isaac knows how to spell his name so i told him that if they wrote his name wrong, he could just tell them.
the next day, his teacher wrote his name on his paper ISSAC.
isaac: that's not how you spell my name.
teacher: well, that's what the crayon box says.
isaac: *slowly shakes his head* crayon box is wrong.

tara and garrett were watching the boys and let them watch pokemon. we don't let them watch pokemon because it's dumb. so they were super excited about it.
isaac: we got to watch pokemon last night.
bryant: oh?
isaac: pokemon is the best!
bryant: no. i don't agree with that.
isaac: *leans back, puts his feet up on a chair* you wouldn't know. you. wouldn't. know.

examining truett soon after he was born..
talking about the crease at his chin: oh!! i have a sad part too!!

he was telling us everyone in our family's whole name..
"abe has 4 names! abram bryant coker big baby."

isaac has gotten really into magic tricks so i had let him watch some on youtube. he walks up to bryant and says,"i'm gonna show you a magic trick. i need your hat and a glass of milk." hahahaha. nope.

teacher asks me to talk to him about telling other kids santa isn't real..
me: so what did you say isaac?
ih: well, i told him santa wasn't real and he said he was and i said no he's not and he can just ask my mom. HER NAME IS LINDSEY JO!
... oh geez.

the next day at school..
me: well isaac? did you talk to anyone about santa today?
ih: no...
me: you didn't tell anyone santa isn't real?
ih: well, i just told him that his parents like to play a santa game with him.
me: THAT'S THE SAME THING!!!

looking at baby pictures of himself..
ih: look at my orange nose!
me: yep. you had probably just eaten some sweet potatoes.
ih: or one of those green things that babies like.
me: i don't know what you're talking about.
ih: you know.. those green things that have a big seed in the middle that you can't eat.
me: an avocado?
ih: YEAH!!!

"santa lives at green hills i think.. if you want to get a picture with him." (green hills is a mall.)

a few weeks later bryant and i are talking about a date..
bryant: we could go down to green hills..
isaac: did you know santa lives there?

isaac comes in the kitchen while i'm fixing supper, he's wearing a santa hat..
ih: ho ho ho! what do you want for christmas little girl?
me: oh! i would like a clean house!
ih: well.. i can't do magic. 



1 comment:

  1. Always always LOOOOVE these posts {laughing}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...