Monday, January 28, 2013

blue.


photobooth

that picture really doesn't have anything to do with the words i'm fixin' to write. but i wanted to share it because it makes me laugh. those glasses are funny until they're sunglasses and then they are exactly like the sunglasses i wear. haha.

i haven't felt like blogging. i would typically classify myself as a positive person. but last week was a blue week. i just felt grumpy and sad all week long. i know that part of it is winter. i need some vitamin d. and part of it is i wasn't in the word like i should've been. and part of it was just some unfair stuff going on around me.. what a joke, right? like life has to be fair. i feel so whiney when i say that. but sometimes it's true. and isaac henry didn't feel good for part of the week. and it was just easy to get to feeling sorry for myself. i know i'm not the only one who has these blue days. or weeks. or months. i know all the truths, like God is good. and we are so blessed. but sometimes i just get in a funk. please tell me you can identify!

i had a good weekend. we didn't do anything in particular. just spent time together. but it was nice. it was the start of the reboot that i need. so today i'm tidying the house. i feel like papers on the table and crumbs on the floor breed over the weekend. doing some laundry and getting back to reading the Bible. and reading books to isaac henry (he has just started to enjoy this). making a grocery list.. i think we'll go to walmart tomorrow.

let's have a happy week this week. team on 2.

1. 2. team! 

4 comments:

  1. I am sending you a very big long distance hug because I COMPLETELY understand being blue. Especially at this time of the year. I'm a few hours east of you, but here it is supposed to be 69 (!!) today so go out and get some Vitamin D. Also eat turkey. That isn't a joke, a chemical in the turkey helps fight the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pretty much sums up how i was feeling last week too! my husband and baby girl were both sick and i was so grumpy towards them. i get so stir-crazy cooped up in the house all day. i'm glad finally got some of that much-needed sunshine yesterday, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we've all been there... I know I'm posting late but I completely identified with some of the stuff you wrote in this post...
    I hope by now you've moved from blue to yellow (happy=sunny color)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...