Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013.

i'm a lover of resolutions. i like the new start. the opportunity.  not that i ever succeed, but i like to make the resolution.

just for curiosity's sake, my 2012 resolutions were:
  • to memorize a scripture a month: kinda succeeded if knowing the songs on seeds family worship count. that counts, right??
  • lose weight then get pregnant: lost some weight, not pregnant yet. but getting pregnant is a stupid resolution. i have no control over that.
  • save 12K in 2012: did it. a pat on the back for us.  
  • read books: way to be specific lindsey jo. i did, however, read books.
  • be present: there's still some room for improvement.
so a few weeks ago, i was thinking about what i want my resolutions for 2013 to be. and while i have plenty of goals [a ton of goals, let's be honest] i couldn't really narrow it down. so i thought i'd pick a word. i've seen that done, it seems cool. still no word summed up what i want this year to be. a phrase..

glorifyhim

it just kept coming back to me. and that's all i want to do. i just want to glorify Jesus.

what that looks like is going to be different everyday, but there are overarching themes that will be the same. being a better wife. being a better momma. being a better friend, pursuing new relationships. using my time better. serving others well. sharing the gospel. being healthy. controlling my tongue. being generous and not a worshiper of stuff.

i want to remember Jesus.  

2013, let's do this!

also, we had friends over for new year's eve. we ate, played games, took pictures. and rang in the new year with a toast. at 11:02. because we're old and couldn't hold out for the real thing.
 
DSC_0526

DSC_0521

CSC_0527

whoo!

3 comments:

  1. I think Glorify Him is a perfect New Year's Resolution! And serious pat on the back for saving 12K! I need to get on that myself... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year my resolution was a scripture I wanted to base my life on. It was to do everything for the glory of the Lord. While I can't say I was 100 percent successful, I did learn how to listen to what God was trying to tell me. It helped me make some good life choices and it was like I had a coach on my side telling me, "no don't do that" or "yes, you're right. That's what I want you to do."And by listening, I can give God the glory for all my outcomes! I didn't make a resolution yet, but I have an idea what I think it needs to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year my resolution was a scripture I wanted to base my life on. It was to do everything for the glory of the Lord. While I can't say I was 100 percent successful, I did learn how to listen to what God was trying to tell me. It helped me make some good life choices and it was like I had a coach on my side telling me, "no don't do that" or "yes, you're right. That's what I want you to do."And by listening, I can give God the glory for all my outcomes! I didn't make a resolution yet, but I have an idea what I think it needs to be.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...