Wednesday, September 26, 2012

what i want.

the other night i was in the shower. and i got to thinking, like most great scholars do, about the things that i want. remember when the toys-r-us catalog would arrive and you'd go through and circle all the things you wanted? [i would pretty much circle everything.] i don't find myself wanting as much stuff anymore, but i want a lot more stuff you can't touch.

and i thought i'd share. just what my heart is desiring. today, september 26. because 10 years from now, i may want to remember what 23 year old [am i 23? i can never remember?] me wanted. because 1 year ago, i wanted a certain little boy to get out of me. and 3 years ago, i wanted to open a bakery. and 10 years ago, i wanted a boyfriend. and 5 years before that i wanted to be a doctor that delivered babies and owned a hospital.

and i'm sure that a lot of this stuff that i want now i won't have for a very long time. some stuff i may never have. and some stuff i may not even want anymore. i sure don't want to own a hospital, things change. and that's fine.

but it's fun to make lists and think about the things that you want. and then put it away and see what happens.


i want a purse that is big enough to hold all my stuff, and isaac henry's stuff, and looks cute doing it.

i want another baby.

i want a bunch of other babies, because i never ever want isaac henry to feel alone. he needs a mandatory best friend. and i understand that need so much more now. 

i want to trust the Lord.

i want a good cup of coffee.

i don't want to be rich, but i want to have enough money to where we can give without abandon.

maybe i want to be rich.

i want a driveway.

i want a pair of TOMS. brown.

i want to love Jesus more.

i want to talk to my brother.

i want to feel good about myself. all the time. and not just the way that i look, but about the person that i am.

i want for my home to be welcoming.

i want Godly men to pursue my beautiful single girl friends.

i want to have a marriage that people look up to.

i want to go on vacation with bryant. and hold hands.

i want a whole day to bake. and craft. and sample what i baked. and then i want the dishes to do themselves.

i want to be a better mom.

i want a new potato peeler.  someone accidentally threw my old one away.. it was me.

i want an overflowing garden.

i want my to-do lists to be empty for a day. 

and so much more.

what do you want? 


8 comments:

  1. I want God to give you the desires of your heart. I KNOW He will, because He says so, He loves you & you Him. He has a "to do" list just for you- it's awesome when you look back in years to come and see how much both lists were the same! Momma prays all these things and so many more you can't imagine, will fill your heart and life. Prayers for your needs, wants, and blessings go up every day and His blessings do and will continue to because of your love and dedication to The Lord. Love
    you Jo, you made me smile... and cry this morning! You were one of my my "to do's" and I thank God for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I want so many things... I'm going to have to do a similar post soon. This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to have more babies. and for them to have healthy deliveries.

    i want to make new friends here in seattle.

    i want to live near our family in texas with all my favorite texas food, but i want to keep the beautiful pacific northwest weather.

    speaking of food, i want a chicken biscuit. oh, chick-fil-a, how i miss you!

    and i want you to be able to talk to your brother, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to figure out a way to make a household chore schedule that I can stick to; I want to move my husband and son and I out of the city and onto a peice of land big enough for a garden and chickens, with lots of room to play. I want more little ones, and I want to believe that I can be a good mom to however many or few little ones that God wants to give us. I want to be able to make women friends easier, and I want to lose my fear of reaching out. I want to learn to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to figure out a way to make a household chore schedule that I can stick to; I want to move my husband and son and I out of the city and onto a peice of land big enough for a garden and chickens, with lots of room to play. I want more little ones, and I want to believe that I can be a good mom to however many or few little ones that God wants to give us. I want to be able to make women friends easier, and I want to lose my fear of reaching out. I want to learn to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to figure out a way to make a household chore schedule that I can stick to; I want to move my husband and son and I out of the city and onto a peice of land big enough for a garden and chickens, with lots of room to play. I want more little ones, and I want to believe that I can be a good mom to however many or few little ones that God wants to give us. I want to be able to make women friends easier, and I want to lose my fear of reaching out. I want to learn to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to finish school. I want to be the best wife and mother I can be. I want to get a good job doing what i love! I want my boys to be potty trained and it would be nice if the potty fairy would do that all by herself...because I keep failing miserably lol! I want to finish remodeling my house that was built in 1920! I want to have a closer relationship with god. Most of all I want my husband, me ,and our children to get back in church as a family. I want another child but I DONT want to have another car wreck and miss out on the first few months that meant so much to me. Although sometimes I talk to god and tell him I want a girl and just one this time ;) I really just want a healthy pregnancy and a Healthy baby. I want to be as honest and open as you are sometimes! I want to go on a vacation for the first time ever with my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admire you Lindsey Jo, for being brave enough to post this. It was touching to read <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...