Tuesday, November 8, 2011

a few things. mostly about my 3 week old.

call me a bad mother, but i think pictures of isaac henry crying are dang cute. i don't like when he's actually crying, but something about the pictures gets me.

maybe cause they're just so pitiful.

so, his umbilical chord finally fell off and that means bathtime!


bathtime got mixed reviews. some screams were involved. and some calmness. i regret to inform you that none of the calm moments were captured. so his first bath will be photogenically remembered as torture. awesome.

please excuse my hairy man arm. focus on the cute screaming babe. the hair keeps me warm in the winter. like fur. kinda.

also, i love censoring pictures with a black bar. it cracks me up.

for the record, yesterday at IH's checkup he weighed 8 lb. 5 oz. 21 inches long. 16 1/2 inch head circumference.

and a few things not having to do with isaac..

  • i've been eating halloween candy like mad. it's got to stop. and eventually it will. when i run out of candy.
  • i'm loving that it's actually fall. pretty leaves. long sleeves. i still need to make somethin' pumpkin-y. maybe this pecan pumpkin pie.
  • and i need some cute fall shoes. not boots. my calves are too chubby muscular for boots everyday. cute shoes. that don't make my feet stink, aka can be worn with socks. and don't look like a fashionista. i'm no fashionista. where's my personal shopper when i need them??
  • i'm thinking about christmas already. i'm looking forward to the carols. and cookies. and shopping. and the new-to-me-fo'-free christmas tree i was given. but i really wanna cherish thanksgiving. i have so much to be thankful for. 
 

1 comment:

  1. How about a short boot?! There's lots of short boot options. They can be worn over or under jeans. They'd look sharp, and your calfs would be free! And they welcome socks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...