Saturday, July 16, 2011

pregnancy: week 26.

whoo, 27 weeks pregnant today! time flies when you're having fun!


i've been so blessed to have a uneventful and easy pregnancy so far. hopefully all my pregnancies are this easy!

lots of info this week, so get comfy..

symptoms: i've felt great. just super tired. i feel like a big lazy, but i need a nap every afternoon. i'm just pooped from growing this kid and all. and my acne has been pretty bad this week. i'm trying a new face-washing routine so we'll see how that goes. i guess isaac henry is just stealing all his momma's beauty. he's gonna be a hottie!

eating/cravings: nothing really stands out. popcorn and m&m's have been my snack of choice. trying to drink MORE water to ward off the evil symptoms.

movement: he is a wiggle worm. and i am carrying him really low so far. before i was pregnant when someone commented that a woman was carrying low, i just thought, eh, she just looks pregnant to me. but now i know what it feels like to carry a baby low. he rarely ventures above my belly button, and really likes to hang out even lower than that, about where normal pants would button. maybe as he gets bigger, he'll spread out. [he's about 2 lbs. 15 inches long right now!]

status of my belly button: let me start by saying that along with my high butt crack (this comes as no surprise for those of you who know me personally, and for those of you who don't, it's true, i have a high butt crack) i have a deep belly button. so my prediction is that my belly button won't become an out-y as much as it will become a flat-y. and it's definitely getting shallower.

childbirth class: well, bryant was outta town this week, so i had to go to childbirth class with my momma. it made me feel like a teen mom and i did not like that one bit. it probably didn't help that i was definitely the youngest person in the class. *disclaimer: all babies are a blessing, even if they're born to teen moms/unmarried moms. and i'm not saying you can't be a good mom if you're young or unmarried. it's just that personally, i am for getting the horse before the cart. so that's what we did. over and out.* anyway, there was lots of good info. for instance, only 3 people allowed in the room at the time of birth [boo that. where's my posse supposed to be?!], and the security at the hospital so no one can run off with my hunk of lovin' son, and blood flows through the umbilical cord at 4 miles an hour [that's faster than me!], and this is how you breath through a contraction, and make your support person give you a massage [amen!]. me and momma laughed a lot. we aren't good about being serious at these sorts of things. but it was really good. and i can't wait to take my baby daddy with me next week, so people don't think i'm a hoochie..

other stuff: this week has been a big thinking week for me. as for preparation, i did a few more things in the nursery this week. nothing spectacular, but it's coming together!

i've been thinking about my marriage a lot this week. i have been so blessed. and i am so in love with bryant. i know, get a room.. but seriously. and i can't wait for IH to be here. i love him so much already and i've wanted to be a mom forever! this is such an exciting new chapter in our life. but it hit me for the first time this week that i'm really going to miss it being just me and bry. we have a lot of fun together and i know we'll be good about making time for just one another once isaac henry is here [because if we aren't being a good husband/wife, we're not gonna be a good daddy/momma], but it'll be different. i'm so thankful for the years we got to be a family of two. it's just important to me that isaac never has to question whether his parents love one another. because we do. so much.

also psalm 139 has been blowing my mind. here's a little bit:

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

God knows this little boy that is growing inside me. i don't even know him yet, but God has all his days planned out already. He knows what isaac henry will look like, what he'll be good at, what he'll be when he grows up, who his wife will be or if he will even have a wife.

it's so amazing to feel this little person moving around in there and know that God has created him for a purpose. He has big plans for isaac henry and i can't wait to see them unfold!

i wanna meet this kid and kiss his little face!

3 comments:

  1. EPIC POST! I loved it!!

    How crazy is it that God is knitted in your womb RIGHT NOW?! Just knitting away! That is truly amazing!

    Love you lots! Have fun with Dolly and the McDonalds! :) See you SOOOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. It was awesome, and I can totally relate to all of the things your feeling - I was feeling this way not too awful long ago. (And now, I have a baby sitting beside me RIPPING STICKERS off of a paper that goes with her "Baby's First Year Calendar" even though I keep taking it away from her.)

    I can't wait to meet IH and kiss his face either. And, for Kari to grow up and marry him and kiss his face. Because that's the only time she can kiss him. When they are married.

    Now I have to get the stickers off of my kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this post, really it is god gifted you, bless you and your child also.Pregnancy weak by weak Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...